Sunday, October 24, 2010

You Are The Best Thing

One of my best friends got married Friday. As Aubs and I walked around temple square, we saw more brides than should be allowed and many more sister missionaries. I thought...this is great, being here reminds me that my best days are yet to come. Service in Ecuador as a full time missionary and getting married in the temple (not Salt Lake!). There were children and families everywhere and I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed with gratitude to my Heavenly Father. My life includes and will include many of the blessings that I saw surrounding me that day. Also, on the rare occasion that I can stand to watch television, I obsess over So You Think You Can Dance. It took me a while to figure out how I "know" those people on the steps of the temple. Well, I don't know them in the least bit. They were the married ballroom couple on the show a few seasons back. It was a tad embarrassing how excited I was to see someone "famous". Anyways, it was a beautiful day for a wedding and I couldn't be happier for my Latin friend Mandarina.




(don't worry, I was sneaky)




(Aubs, Bride, and I)


I found this song while listening to http://www.pandora.com/ and fell in love. I can't get enough of it. Do yourself a favor and listen/cook to it. Yes it is one of those! (I know he looks a little scary, but do it anyway).

.Enjoy.







5 comments:

  1. shalyse, I saw him outside of my apartment one night in Provo! I did a double take as I pulled into my driveway and almost ran him over. haha I freaked out too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SYTYCD,D,D,D!!!!!!!!!!!! i rememer them. how funny! you look GORG as usual and i am still freaking out about how awesome and cool your mission is going to be!! im glad youll be here for my reception!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The girl is my ex-teachers daughter and her they both (husband and wife) came into my class and talked and stuff. Also, YOU LOOK GORGEOUS so skinny holy cow. Bet there were more couples at Target when I called than at the temple haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw her at the MAC counter in Orem and I totally gawked. I'm happy there are more inconspicuous people in the world than I :)

    ReplyDelete