Thursday, September 9, 2010

And They Said There'd Be Sunshine

January 2010- My Plan...

Serving in orphanages through out Cuenca, Ecuador for the semester.
Come home work as a pre-school teacher and save, save, save for school in the fall.
Go to Utah State and live with my wonderful friend Camille whom I met in Ecuador.
Study and be graduated with a degree in Health Education within a year and a half.
Find prince charming and get hitched somewhere in the mix.


Wonderful plan, don't you agree?

That is what I thought too!


Well, life doesn't always go according to plan, okay it NEVER goes according to plan. That is what makes life so interesting and worth living. I have had to learn that the not so easy way.


God has a plan for each of us, and it is up to us to figure out what that plan is and run with it.

So here I am running!


I decided about a month ago with lots of thought and even more faith to serve a full time LDS mission. Me? A missionary? YEAH RIGHT.



Yeah, Shalyse...that IS right!



I put my papers in and one week later with the Labor Day holiday delay it still arrived on Wednesday morning.


All along- His Plan for me...


I have been called by God to serve in the Ecuador Guayaquil South Mission, Spanish speaking, leaving January 5, 2011.



I am going BACK!






You can call it a coincidence, ironic, fate, or what have you. I will choose to call it a blessing and a tender mercy.

My plan has changed. My plan is to no longer rely on plans at least not my own but His.

Reality is so much better than what we think our lives will be like.
I have four months and the holidays to prepare for my next adventure,
and an adventure it will be!






Wish me luck, I am scared out of my boots.






Much love,



.Sheshe.






3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! That's so exciting~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so proud of you, She She. Couldn't be happier for you! LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cograts! I think you will have an amazing experience, and become an amazing missionary!! I am proud of you!! :)

    ReplyDelete